[drupal-devel] two minor usability issues, introduced recently

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Tue Sep 27 08:47:14 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 23:02, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> This issue is new to me; I don't know about other people being
> confused about this.  Interesting nonetheless. Maybe the module
> description (shown on the 'administer > modules' page) needs to be
> improved upon.  Feel free to make concrete suggestions (or better
> yet, a patch against Drupal CVS).  You know better than anyone else
> what could have avoided the confusion.

My €0.02

I used locales to differentiate this as follows:
* syndication = outgoing: we provide these feeds.
* aggregation = incoming: we read/import these feeds.

This unity made it clear enough for a complete n00b client to grok the
concept. She had never heard of RSS/XML before and was completely confused
about what was what. I just removed the words RSS/XML everywhere (in locale)
because they do not communicate whether they provide of import. And used the
abovementioned words only.

Bèr