[drupal-devel] Admin theme

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:40:02 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> I,
> and other consultants (AFAIK in th thread it are all small consultants who
> are "against" an admin theme in some way)
+1

> Not one of my sites is the same. Not one site will have the same admin as
> another.
Yeah. I need some way to easily distinguish the (7 and counting) Drupal sites I
maintain. For me that was one of the advantages of integrating admin in the
first place.

And yet I do recognize the need to allow for wide tables of the admin section in
the theme. In essence I want the admin sections to maintain the look and feel of
the site but have different layout - to me that isn't a different theme,
although from a technical perspective that is one way to achieve such separation.

Flexibility is indeed the key.

 > So, my idea is that most people in this thread preferred:
 > A core admin theme.
 > A UI that allows you to define where theme 'FooBar' will be used.
 > By default FooBar will be the admin theme.
It seems that way but I'd rather see section specific layout logic than a whole
separate theme.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>