[drupal-devel] Drupal conference, Amsterdam

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Sep 27 07:24:18 UTC 2005

On Sep 27, 2005, at 12:17 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I really would like to see a discussion and meeting for a better
> (newer) media
> handling in Drupal.
>
> So I still volunteer for this (in addition to my relations talk,
> not instead
> of) media:
>
> Title: Drupal in media communities
> Look at
> communities around media in Drupal. Podcasting, Vodcasting, Remixing,
> Creative Commons, scattered file storage (flickr), import of media
> and so on.
>
> Talk about how the future in this should look. Are we ready for it
> yet?

Colin has been working on the audio node.  Farsheed is working on the
playlist module, and the Artist profile in CivicSpace.  Uwe has
modified the video node and now supports channels(feeds) for the
Democracy TV client.  We have one torrent tracker available and I
just got permission to GPL a second if it's presented in a non-piracy
context.  Aggregator supports enclosures.

We have been talking with the Internet Archive about long term
storage of media from CivicSpace/Drupal sites.

This would be a good topic because we should have an integrated
solution for Drupal as a media aggregation, remix, and broadcast
platform in the next few weeks.

Cheers,
Kieran