[drupal-devel] Admin theme

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:13:01 UTC 2005

Hey guys, been following this convo but haven't chimed in yet. I do
agree that a seperate admin area would be great as I'm actually making
use of this in a current project.

Screenshots:

- non-logged in user: http://www.washsq.com/tmp/nocp.gif
- logged in admin (homepage): http://www.washsq.com/tmp/cp.gif
- logged in admin (logs page): http://www.washsq.com/tmp/cpa.gif

Now all that I did was apply some special formatting to the admin menu
table *only* and then on admin specific pages (e.g., admin/*) I have a
few extra CSS rules that hide the main image and allow for full width
tables.

As you can tell, the admin section completely integrates with into the
rest of the site, which I believe is the best way.

However, the admin does have a few unique styles of its own. This was
simple enough in the page.tpl.php file.

But I think best bet for future Drupal versions would be to have a few
extra admin theme-able functions for theming the admin menu block and
subsequent admin/* pages to remove any extraneous images/etc that
clutter up the interface and force forms to be too skinny.

Just my 2 cents.

ted (aka m3avrck)