[drupal-devel] what do you call a rose?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri Sep 30 18:11:24 UTC 2005

I am all for user friendly terms. Both to the admin and the end user.

Categories is much better than taxonomy. It gives the user an idea of
what they are.

When a programmer lists features that are useful to end users, they
should not gloat about how their application is superior because it
uses linked lists, b-trees, ...etc. What matters is how these things
are useful to the end users. I am not interested in the details of how
my car engine functions. I just need it to run ...

Remember the original description of taxonomy, and how it relates to
information theory? That may be interesting to informatics people, but
not anyone else ...