[development] Re: [CS dev] Preview - Node Visibility by Multisite and CSS Hover Pop-out Menus

Sohodojo Jim salmons at sohodojo.com
Mon Apr 3 17:51:20 UTC 2006

Dave Cohen wrote:
> I'm no expert on nice-menus, but it does say this in the README:
>
>     Javascript is only loaded for Internet Explorer. With browsers such as
>     Firefox, the nice-menus will work with CSS alone without any Javascript!

	Thanks for pointing this out. I just took a look and this is true for the
current CVS version of Nice Menus that is hot off the presses. The 4.6 era
version is Javascript dependent (at least the one I downloaded on March 20th).

	Nice Menu's Jake Gordon can enlighten us further about the CVS version's
compatibility with 4.6 installations.

> There are also numerous modules out there to control node visibility...  Of
> course it's good to have options.

	True. However, all these modules (to the best of my knowledge) support
content visibility related to users and their roles based on the current
limits of the node_access mechanism. The design constraint of the node
access hook system is a point of current discussion following Rob Thorne's
node access lament:

	http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2006-04/msg00023.html

	--Sohodojo Jim--

	Jim Salmons and Timlynn Babitsky