[development] nodeapi image concept (request for feedback)

Roger Espinosa roger at umich.edu
Mon Apr 3 19:23:42 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Rowan Kerr wrote:

> James Walker wrote:
>> On 31-Mar-06, at 5:25 PM, Nedjo Rogers wrote:
>>> There's an issue on the image module for moving to nodeapi:
>>> http://drupal.org/node/43628
>> Yeah, after looking through the code, I'm inclined to say this
>> makes sense directly in image.module . Do others have a strong
>> opinion?
>
> Good functionality to have.
>
> I have written my own module for attaching images to nodes in 4.6..
> so that makes about 3 modules doing roughly the same thing. Might
> as well have it built in :)

Scary --- I wrote a less elegant version of this over the weekend.

Some thoughts skimming the posted code:

- my motivation was to replicate "image" type nodes using CCK + an
image field managed via nodeapi. In this use, the "caption" is better
served by CCK, IMHO.

- when you're talking about integrating this with image.module, I'm
hoping it'll be in a manner that allows the nodeapi code to be loaded
but NOT image.module itself

Thanks for the cleaner example :)

Roger