[development] subscriptions

Dan Ziemecki dan at ziemecki.com
Wed Apr 5 12:26:56 UTC 2006

I'm at work right now, so I can't give you the exact column, but the trick
you're missing is that most site and user configurations are stored in a
serialized array, not a separate field.  Since the system tables have no
idea what modules you'll be running, they store all the module variables in
a single field.

The code on the particular field is the right place to make your
modification, but I may have given you the wrong way to do it.
Unfortunately, other people have worked on the module and I don't completely
understand all of what other people have done.  And I was sleepy when I
answered your email.  This, however, I do know:  the checkbox element has a
'checked' value you can set to any state you want.  If you set the checkbox
to 'checked', but only if the user has not set a value, you should be
golden.

Check this out:

http://drupaldocs.org/api/4.6/function/form_checkbox

That 'checked' variable needs something that operates like this:

if(isset(subscriptions_auto){$checked=subscriptions_auto;}else{$checked=strue;}
... or something like that.

--
Dan Ziemecki
Philosopher. Curmudgeon. Nerd.