[development] Conferences

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Apr 8 15:59:10 UTC 2006

The more I wrote, the more I thought I should move this thread to a different
list, though I'm not entirely sure which list is more appropriate.

On Saturday 08 April 2006 07:09 am, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> On 4/8/06, John VanDyk <jvandyk at iastate.edu> wrote:
> > >Is there someplace where these conferences are listed?  It would be nice
> > > to have time enough to plan ahead and prepare for them.
> >
> > Major Drupal events should be listed here:
> >
> > http://drupal.org/events
> >
> > Conference organization guidelines are here:
> >
> > http://drupal.org/conference-guidelines
>
> And there's also the drupal-con list which (I believe) is both for
> Drupal  conferences and conferences where Drupal is going to attend.

> Regards,
> Greg

I'm already watching http://drupal.org/events, and I'm already subscribed to
drupal-con, so I guess that's as good as it gets.  It still feels to me that
events kind of popup rather unannounced (or, more correctly, with short
notice).  I guess if I hang around long enough I'll just know when to expect
something, and plan that way.

What would be nice, however, is a page somewhere which has something to the
effect of: "Drupal will be (is usually) represented at these
<insert-some-number-here> major <conferences/conventions/events/whatever>,
which are usually held at these time frames:...", etc.  If I knew what the
blanks were, and what to fill in for them, I'd be happy to create or modify
the relevant page or pages.  With just knowing the major conferences that
Drupal is likely to be represented at, I could probably generate the rest of
the information.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/