[development] Installation -- Can A Module "Refuse" ToBe Installed?

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Mon Apr 10 18:18:16 UTC 2006

Neil wrote:
> I see dependencies as something that is clearly core functionality once
> someone takes on implementing it. I would not want to add another required
> core module for dependencies

Fully agreed. I threw together the dependencies.module mainly to see if we
could avoid having each module in 4.7 adding its own handling. Over the
weekend Adrian agreed to take over maintainance. We've eliminated the idea
of a dependencies hook, looking instead to metadata files. The idea is
putting in place a 4.7 solution that pilots approaches for core.