[development] check_markup() question

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Wed Apr 12 23:02:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 08:49 -0400, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> Many folks have also advocated for this so you are in good company. Since
> Steven will have to bless this patch, I suggest getting buy in from him on a
> use case. See his comment at
> http://www.acko.net/blog/drupal-filter-formats#comment-78

This was an interesting read, and I think replicates the system that is
currently here. I think that the filter system is great, but if it is
context based, we can have a much clean UI and will allow developers to
use filters in more places without adding unnecessary information to
other parts of the system.

eg. If I was to make a E-Commerce Transaction filter to allow adding of
additional information on emails that are sent out, which the filter
system would be perfect for, would just be additional junk that a user
doesn't need to see when creating creating a node.

> Also see an old patch at http://drupal.org/node/11225. There may be others
> around too.

I have taken a look at this patch and it is similar to what I want, but
it need to be a lot more generalised.

ATM this patch makes it a lot more node orientated, where I would like
to a lot more generic so that it can be used a lot more throughout the
system.

Gordon.