[development] Tagging and branching, again.

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Thu Apr 13 21:30:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 23:21 +0200, Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> In subversion, to create a new branch is :
> svn cp trunk/modules/modulename branches/DRUPAL-4-6/modules/modulename
>
> to remove a branch is :
> svn rm branches/DRUPAL-4-6/modules/modulename
>
> oh. and the windows and unix front ends handle this all superbly.
>
> *disclaimer* drupal doesn't run subversion. but i still think
> subversion is more sane for real people.

Whatever happened as a result of our long rants of svn vs cvs vs bzr vs
rcs vs sticky notes. I know I've really started to enjoy bzr for
managing live websites and svn would be a welcome update from cvs in my
book. If just to have sane branching, and some offline capabilities.
I just hate it when I go to make a patch on the train ride home, and I
can't cvs diff.

/me hides in corner behind toughbook.

.darrel.