[development] Tagging and branching, again.

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Apr 13 21:21:36 UTC 2006

On 13 Apr 2006, at 11:39 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> Please don't do anything in our cvs repos if you don't understand
> what you are doing. the fact you use a windows graphical frontend
> tells me you most likely don't. So don't do it.
>
> We had more than one accident happen from inexperienced users and
> this typically leads to strange effects with project.module and a
> lot of time that people like me need to spend to fix it

In subversion, to create a new branch is :
svn cp trunk/modules/modulename branches/DRUPAL-4-6/modules/modulename

to remove a branch is :
svn rm branches/DRUPAL-4-6/modules/modulename

oh. and the windows and unix front ends handle this all superbly.

*disclaimer* drupal doesn't run subversion. but i still think
subversion is more sane for real people.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy