[development] [announcement] Integration of roundcube webmail in drupal

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Apr 14 19:33:04 UTC 2006

Allie Micka wrote:
>  of the existing Mailman backends.  Had og2list not been written so
> og-specific, we could have written a drupal-based backend and gained
> more flexibility for both initiatives.

Og2list is not very og-specific, at least the mailing backend isn't. the
mailing backend only knows about existing recievers which it looks up in
a database. It also gets mail to be sent from that database and stores
mail for valid receivers in it again.

> By writing a consistent frontend and encouraging useful backends, I'm
> trying to create a framework that would support these present and
> future use cases.

The scripts created for og2list can be re-used for other applications
quite easily.

Cheers,
    Gerhard