[development] nodeapi, inserts, and listhandler

tmckeown at gmail.com tmckeown at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 00:26:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am currently working on 4.6 and I am using a ezmlm, mailhandler,
listhandler, and forum to organize an online community.
I seem to have everything set up except I can't get new forum nodes to
get posted to the listserve.  I am locked into this combo at the present
... at a later date I probably will be migrating to 4.7.  Oh I am also
using postgres and I have converted a small amount of code to work with
postgres.
by looking at the code, it looks like listhandler_nodeapi takes care of
the sending of new nodes to the listserve.  The problem I seem to be
having is that this hook executed when there is the insert signal on a
node ... more specifically the forum node.   I put a bit of debugging
code  in  to see what the $op variable is when the function is called.
I  never see an insert....

My question is, is this just broken in  listhandler,  or is it an issue
with the  nodeapi hook?  Or am I just crazy and missing something?

I also notice some calls to a UTF8 function. Why the conversion?

thanks

--Trevor