[development] Google Summer of Code

Robert Douglass r.douglass at onlinehome.de
Sat Apr 15 10:33:08 UTC 2006

Drupal has been invited to participate and I'm in the process of
organizing things. There's a thread for the masses here:
http://drupal.org/node/58799

To the developer's list, I have three requests:

1) if you want to participate as a mentor, contact me off list
2) if you have ideas of projects that you think are appropriate for a
student in a summer's time, please start working on the following:
   - describe the project and it's motivations
   - describe a roadmap and (as far as possible) a technical
specification that can be followed
   - keep in mind that students choose their projects based on what they
find interesting and what they think they can accomplish, so remember
what would have caught your attention as a student.
3) we will soon have an "official" Summer of Code 2006 page where these
projects can be described and discussed. It's not there yet. When it is
there, please advertise it. Blog about it and if you have contact with
students, point them to it and encourage them to apply.

Cheers,

Robert