[development] better autocompletion?

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Wed Apr 19 13:49:34 UTC 2006

Simon Lindsay wrote:
> John Handelaar wrote:
>> Bèr Kessels wrote:

>>> AFAIK it was Dries who said 'we should never use nids or other
>>> database specific keys in our frontend'.
>>
>> You misunderstand.  The nid part is the field value
>> for autocomplete.
>
> But then you have the nid value there in the form, instead of the text,
> which sounds ok, until you answer a phone call while entering, and
> forget what you were up to, and wonder what 23897 actually stands for
> again.

ARGH

Can people who haven't actually developed autocompleting
forms now *STOP* talking?

The nid value wouldn't appear in the UI.  But it *MUST*
be the field value and therefore it must be sent.

You make a request.  It's returned in two parts, value
and description.  I mentioned 'nid' as the VALUE. Then
I clarified what I meant.

Now it won't bloody go away.

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033