[development] better autocompletion?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Apr 19 14:50:35 UTC 2006

John Handelaar wrote:
> Simon Lindsay wrote:
>> John Handelaar wrote:

>>> You misunderstand.  The nid part is the field value
>>> for autocomplete.
>>
>> But then you have the nid value there in the form, instead of the
>> text, which sounds ok, until you answer a phone call while entering,
>> and forget what you were up to, and wonder what 23897 actually stands
>> for again.
>
> ARGH
>
> Can people who haven't actually developed autocompleting
> forms now *STOP* talking?

That is unnesssarily rude even for my rather relaxed attitude when it
comes to being rude.

> The nid value wouldn't appear in the UI.

Well, it does for me. The key of the selected item will appear in the UI
as soon as I have selected an item. At least this is the current
bahaviour with the ajax module for 4.6. Did this improve in the version
in CVS?

> But it *MUST*
> be the field value and therefore it must be sent.

To be sent it has to appear in the field or not?

Cheers,
    Gerhard