[development] Some issues and their fixes with Drupal 4.6.6 and PostgreSQL

Nimish Pachapurkar npac at spikesource.com
Thu Apr 20 00:25:21 UTC 2006

Hello All,

We ran into few issues when running Drupal 4.6.6 with PostgreSQL. The
issue, in general, seems to be with some queries in some of the modules
that attempted to insert a blank string ('') into an integer field.

The modules affected are: user.module and node.module from Drupal Core,
and flexinode module.

I found that this issue has been discussed already at
http://drupal.org/node/27870.

I have a patch that fixes this issue reasonably. Please let me know how
I should go about contributing it. Perhaps I could post the patch
somewhere - either on this list or on one of the forums on drupal.org -
and then one of the contributors can propagate it to the source code.

Also, what is best place to post a patch for the fix in flexinode module?

Thanks,
Nimish