[development] Some issues and their fixes with Drupal 4.6.6 and PostgreSQL

Nic Ivy nji at njivy.org
Thu Apr 20 14:11:06 UTC 2006

>> There is mounting pressure on the 3 of us who do the daily work to
>> find a
>> system where there is a clear development pattern and reliable
>> sources of
>> support (the Drupal web site is quite the mess.)  This upsets us,
>> because
>>

> Then do me the favour and leave. Now.
>
> I am really fed up with people making money from Drupal and not
> contributing back but by whining. Get lost.  All of you. Now.

Killes: On the expectation of free support, I prefer Chris Johnson's
tactful response.

Gary: I respectfully suggest that your group reconsider the cost of
doing business.  As Chris described[1], the primary options are to
pay someone else for support or to devote resources for internal
support.  Both options incur non-zero costs, but I hope you will find
that Drupal is attractive and cost-effective.  "There is no free lunch."

Nic Ivy

-----
[1] See the "Getting to know Drupal" video interview at http://
drupal.org/node/50477, 2nd video, starting at 17:15.