[development] Some issues and their fixes with Drupal 4.6.6 and PostgreSQL

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:16:12 UTC 2006

On 20 Apr 2006, at 17:01, Gary (Lists) wrote:
>> I sincerely hope that people finally get this message.
>
> One more thing, Mr. Drupal, before I unsub here (at your request)...
>
> I think the message that you are communicating here is quite
> counter to any
> spirit of community, which is what you claim that you hope to
> foster (a
> community of open-source contributors.)

Only few people applaud or support the tone of Gerhard's statements.
Gerhard's statements are often the source of personal flamewars ...
just like now.  These are not very productive and hurt the public
face of the community.  Personally, I find this quite disrespectful
towards those (including myself) who try to foster a friendly and
constructive atmosphere and who care about the public face of
Drupal.  Nonetheless, Gerhard is highly respected because of his good
intentions, and the time and effort he contributes to Drupal.
Obviously, he is high on my list.

The point?  Be smart and ignore the tone.  We got used to it too. :)

Linus Torvalds once said: ""Some people have told me they don't think
a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me
they have never seen an angry penguin charging at them in excess of
100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had."

I think we can substitute "fat penguin" by "angry German" here.  ;-)

Just my 2 cents,