[development] flexinode towards 4.7: update, and it needs additional maintainer(s)

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Apr 21 10:35:30 UTC 2006

Hello,

After some busy weeks, I found some more time to devote on flexinode. I
beleive flexinode is critical for 4.7. Also for the Drupal 4.7 release. It is
a popular module, and rather a complex one. Without a 4.7 release we will
have a big lot less testers and people who want to move to 4.7.

Samc recently hopped in and is testing and making patches like a madman,
thanks for that! I am doing at least five to seven patch tests and/or commits
a day too, but we are still far from a release, that is by far not enough to
ensure a safe upgrade to 4.7 for flexinode users soon.

So:

* No. I will not drop flexinode in favour of CCK. CCK is not tested in
critical environments, there is no (tested, full-proof) upgrade path, etc. It
is just not ready for prime time yet (IMO). I will maintain flexinode for at
least one release cycle, depending on the speed of development in CCK.

* I would love to have someone maintain the 4.6 branch of flexinode. I you
have several or one sites running 4.6 flexinode, and some time left, mind
doing this? I do not actively maintain any myself, and I would like to focus
entirely on getting a solid 4.7 flexinode out. Just Do It, its nothing
official, but please announce it somewhere so we know who to turn to.

* I would love help in that road to 4.7.  Both in testing patches, and in
committing them. Anyone in for some flexinode joy? Same as above, its nothing
official, but you'd need at least commit rights to CVS, and some experience
with patches and flexinode (otherwise it will cost us only more time).

Cheerios, and flexible greetings,

Bèr