[development] Views 4.6 maintainer wanted

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Apr 22 20:04:22 UTC 2006

I'm looking for someone to maintain the 4.6 branch of Views. Back when I made
the jump to 4.7, I had the delusion that 4.7 would be out, ready and stable by
now, and the majority of 4.6 users would've been in the process of converting by
now. But as it is, I suspect a lot of sites are going to stay with 4.6 for a
long time to come. The process of updating modules is pretty difficult.

The 4.6 version of Views functions, but is way way behind the curve, and can't
do a lot of the good things that the 4.7 version can. At the very least, I'd
like to see if anyone is willing to shoulder the burden of maintaining the 4.6
module so that I can ignore it; and also of backporting some of the 4.7 stuff to
4.6 (possibly using Nedjo's backport module if it can be made to work) so that
people stuck on 4.6 can at least use it reasonably.