[development] Seg fault in PHP (FormsAPI)? Can you reproduce?

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Apr 27 18:40:32 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:
> Hi Sammy,
>
> On 27 Apr 2006, at 13:10, Sammy Spets wrote:
>> Yeah I understand that. I'm interested in finding out why :) Also, isn't
>> it better if form API handles this gracefully?
>
> PHP code should never cause a segfault.  Looks like your code triggered
> a bug in the PHP engine (and not a bug in Drupal).

Recursive assignments in loops (often from older, badly-ported
routines) will almost always cause a segfault unless
you have xdebug to trap them at a user-defined limit.

Seems PHP4 is lacking generally in detecting recursions
before they KO a server process.

og/contrib in particular had lots, but they're being
worked through.

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org