[development] Drupal x.x.0 freeze date

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sun Apr 30 01:17:41 UTC 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Neil Drumm wrote:

> What does everyone think of hard feature freeze on September 1st?
> That gives us approximately 4 months of development time.
>
> A good time for a release after that would be one to two months
> later, but in reality it would be "when it is ready."
>
> That is only 4 months and I am seeing a lot of ways we want to
> break everything; this will probably be 4.8 and not 5.0. I don't
> think making roadmaps for contributions we can't control is too
> productive, but if we did have a roadmap, we would have a clear
> idea of what we can call 5.0.

Here is what you can commit on your roadmap.

1) Installer in core from CivicSpace.
a) Installer for Drupal core.
b) Forms for configuring individual modules including writing file,
creating directories, and installing module tables into separate
databases.
c) Profiles and selection during installation.

2) Moving capabilities in the administration module into core to
allow for configurable administration pages, subpages, and matching
configuration of administration menu's.  Works in 4.6, works in 4.7.
Need to get in core.

3) File caching patch.  Done for 4.6. Done for 4.7.  Working to get
it in 4.8.

More to come.

Cheers,
Kieran