[development] Q: CVS tags best practice

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Sun Apr 30 23:07:07 UTC 2006

Thanks Gerhard and Khalid for your perfectly reasonable suggestions.

It turns out cvs does have just the option I was looking for.  This command
(with -f option):

$ cvs update -dPf -r DRUPAL-4-7

Will use the DRUPAL-4-7 branch where available, and HEAD otherwise.  This
appeals to me because I don't have to spend time figuring out which modules
have branched and which haven't.

-Dave