[development] Strip out theme functions into a .theme file

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Aug 3 14:27:20 UTC 2006

> I wrote a little script that uses some regular expressions to remove all
> theme functions from the .module files and put theme into a .theme file.
> This .theme file is included at the beginning of all .module files that
> have a .theme file.

Wouldn't it make more sense to include the theme only when it's needed?
That way, we get a slight speedup when we do things that don't 'em (like
_help, nodeapi calls that only add to node but not modify it, etc.).

Actually, I'm wondering if we could hook that into theme() - if the
passed theme isn't in memory, load all theme files to look for it. If
we demand proper namespaces on the theme's names, we can then only load
the actual namespace'd file.

--
Morbus Iff ( softcore vulcan pr0n rulezzzzz )