[development] Issue tracking system

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Aug 4 10:51:12 UTC 2006

http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/75232

> Am I supposed to give patches unique filenames?

for now, it probably wouldn't hurt. ;)  all issue attachments are
stuffed into a single directory.  the code is supposed to gracefully
recover from collisions and automatically rename files, but i haven't
looked closely at that code and can't vouch for its correctness.  the
whole way in which project_issue.module (recently split off from
project.module) handles file attachments is old, crusty, and
partially broken.  it's all going to change once issue followups are
real comments (http://drupal.org/node/18920).  however, until then,
using unique names will probably help ensure there's no confusion...

-derek (dww)