[development] The www-subdomain (WAS: Re: Patching settings.php)

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Aug 4 17:27:40 UTC 2006

base_url is not quite an acceptable solution.  Consider a site with base_url
set to http://example.com.  Now suppose I go to
http://www.example.com/?q=user.  I provide my username and password, login
get a cookie, etc.  Then I get forwarded to example.com (no www) and I find I
am not logged in.  My cookie only works for www.example.com.

Had I gone to www.example.com and followed a link to the login page, I would
have been fine.

Its a small tangent to an already tangential debate, but I just wanted to
clarify that base_url alone does not address the problem.

-Dave