[development] Administration page patch committed

Mark Hope mark at markhope.net
Sun Aug 6 10:28:36 UTC 2006

On 5 Aug 2006, at 09:52, Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:
> I'm probably jumping in a bit late into the discussion, but am I
> understanding we want a separate admin-theme for drupal?
> Why? One or two years back Adrian and I were convinced that merging
> the administration into the normal layout of the site, was the way to
> go..
>

> Steef

I'm also jumping in a bit late too, and having only used Drupal on 3
fairly small sites may not have the full picture but...

- I find it useful to have the admin as part of the front end site

- My clients find it useful and easier to get their heads around the
idea of navigating to content and hitting 'edit'
As others might find it a requirement :-)
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/ibm/library/i-osource1/
index.html?ca=drs
	# Separation of content from presentation
	# In-place commenting on content
	# In-place editing of content

- The ability to override when an 'Admin' theme is present otherwise
falling back to the front end theme is appealing.
Why not make the admin theme selectable from the settings?

Mark
http://drupal.org/user/62940