[development] Drupal administration survey draft based on 10 interviews

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Aug 10 06:40:59 UTC 2006

1) great work putting this together, kieran!

2) i think gary and dries's concerns about the phrasing of the
original draft of the survey are right-on, overall.

3) kieran, sounds like you agree with many of them -- how about an
updated draft of the survey for futher reviews/edits so we don't
duplicate suggestions that have already been incorporated?

4) a minor nit-pick in one of your replies...

On Aug 9, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Kieran Lal wrote:

>> What do you mean with "modules that don't include dependencies"?
>
> Example: If you want sign-up module: you download a tarball.  But
> the tarball doesn't contain the dependent event module.  If you
> build sites professionally, the need to get each dependency is
> expensive.

as the current maintainer of signup.module, i must protest. ;)
signup does *not* require or depend on event.module.  you can "signup-
enable" any node you want.  certain features of signup conditionally
happen if the thing you're signing up for *is* an event, but that's
optional.

;)

cheers,
-derek (dww)