[development] save as draft feature

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Thu Aug 10 17:36:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:27:51 +1000, "justin randell"
<justin.randell at gmail.com> said:
> hi all,
>
> i'm after feedback on exactly what a "save revision as draft"[1]
> feature should look like in drupal.
>
> here are some initial thoughts:
>
> 1. make it be possible to save an existing node or revision as a draft
> by adding a save as draft button
> - if there is already a draft associated with the node, copy over it

What about drafts for nodes not yet created?  That is, can I create a
draft when creating a node, or just when editing?

You make it sound like if I've made a draft of changes to a node, then
you start editing the node and save your own draft, your draft
overwrites mine.  Is that what you mean?  Or are drafts per-node
per-user?

It might be better to work with the form api and add a mechanism to save
the state of any form, not just the node edit form.  That way any user
(with sufficient privileges) could save their work in progress on any
form in drupal.  Later they could pull up the form again, continue
working and submit (or save another draft).

-Dave