[development] Drupal administration survey draft based on 10 interviews

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Aug 10 20:09:53 UTC 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Gary Feldman wrote:

> Kieran Lal wrote:
>>> The nature of the web site doesn't seem relevant.  How about:  "
>>> Non-technical user developing a web site, and becoming adept at
>>> the technology"
>> Yes, it's very relevant.  See interviews and response to Dries.
> It seems reasonable to me to have a separate question asking people
> to characterize the web sites on which they work.

Ok.  I do want to achieve a balance between getting enough people
through the survey so that the Drupal community feels they have their
interests represented in the survey and the developers and
contributors to Drupal feel the responses are accurate enough to give
some weight to where they put their effort.  Do we go from 10
questions to 15?  I already added three questions based on Neil's
early request to learn more about Drupal users.  Now we are adding
even more.

After the last survey I did at least one micro survey on
categorization.  I also just went and did a bunch of research in
areas that seemed to show strong interest from the results and worked
to get improvements into Drupal.  For example we implemented multiple
comment administration for example.

I think we have three choices:
1) Review the relevant parts of the interviews I have posted and re-
interpret the results of this question yourself.
2) Conduct additional interviews to gain further clarity and re-
phrase the questions to see if the response are significantly different.
3) Go with what we have and if the results look suspicious then do
more follow up interviews to dig deeper.

I am still looking for folks to commit to actually working to get
this done, although the public review is definitely helpful.

Cheers,
Kieran