[development] What is a contribution?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 06:55:56 UTC 2006

I am curious about the requirement of being a contributor to get on the Services page of the Handbook. To quote:

"This section lists some of the people and organizations providing Drupal-related services including design, installation, custom Drupal software development, training, support and consulting services. We only list individuals and companies that have contributed to Drupal."
But there is nothing on what a contribution can be. Is it a judgement call or are there actually guidelines? Does it have to be a core contribution? do patches count? third party modules? patches to third party modules? documentation? finanancial? handbook pages?

Should not the actual contribution to Drupal be listed on the description page of the company or individual?

Can someone not only answer these questions but also make the according changes to the page?

 Carl Mc Dade
Web Developer
Dataföreningen i Sverige AB
www.d4d.se