[development] Nodes content within nodes solution developement?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 12:10:56 UTC 2006

Yes, I have decided to use an association table and nodeapi. I'm a bit hung though because I forgot to ask for a complete business model. I am unsure about "whom" is going to be the end user of such a capability, bloggers? admin? forum moderators? Or should it be open to all and subject to moderation. Once I get these out of the way then I will start in.

I appreciate all the input and you can keep it coming. But the one thing that is missing in the responses is the main question. Frequently after someone tries to make a contribution they are stopped because their project is similar or the same as another ongoing project. To avoid this collision I thought to ask if anyone has a project that is even remotely like this?

Suuch Solutions <drupal at suuch.com> wrote: I've done something similar that essentially redirects all comments to a non-forum node to an assigned forum node. Yes, it's a matter of hook_nodeapi, a table to keep track of associations, and hook_link. Post count ( e.g. 1 comment, 2 comments) is already handled by the comment.module once you know the associated forum topic nid.

 I can send you code snippets if this description is not enough.
 paa.kwesi