[development] Core scripts cleanup

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Aug 14 12:01:30 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. I've never used the sympal script but from what I understand
> they have nothing to do with the code-style.sh and code-clean.sh
> functionality.  Devel.module is more appropriate

One case for script/ that I can think of, and something almost all of us
would end up using almost daily :

http://drupal.org/node/59863

Essentially it's a command line wrapper for Drupal.

This can be useful for a great many things, but imo primarily for automating
the install system.

for installing a new site of a specific distribution :
scripts/drupal.sh --cmd install.php --site mydomain2.com --db
mysql://username:pass@localhost/dbname install profilename

for updating a specific site (useful in a script which recurrs through
sites/ whenever you alter the source) :
scripts/drupal.sh --cmd update.php ---site mydomain.com update