[development] Core scripts cleanup

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Aug 14 16:18:52 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Op maandag 14 augustus 2006 16:00, schreef Khalid B:
> > As an aside, sympal uses command line PHP. This requires two
> > things that are not available for most users: ssh and php-cli. Is
> > that correct?
>
> Why would that be any different from /scripts? you need ssh/bash perl and/or
> PHP cli there too.

Both need ssh.

The PHP CLI is an additional requirement on top of ssh (although I have
used cron as a way to run shell scripts when the client has no ssh).

On a dedicated host or VPS, this may not be an issue. On shared hosting
one or both may not be available.

This does not decrease the usefulness of sympal, it only makes the user
base for it less than Drupal in general, and is not a problem in itself.