[development] Drupal performance

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:36:38 UTC 2006

Hello world,

recently I did some performance analysis of Drupal and compared it to
Joomla.

   http://buytaert.net/drupal-vs-joomla-performance

Unfortunately, Drupal is quite slow when it comes to generating non-
cached pages.  It would be great if we could focus some more on the
performance of non-cached pages.  Why?  Because in practice, it is
often a _lot_ more important than the performance of cached pages.

I know there are some patches in the queue, and I know we talked
about this a lot in the past.  I'll review, test and benchmark some
of these patches ASAP.  There are also a number of ideas that haven't
been implemented/tested yet.

I hope that you will do the same, and that you continue to think (out
of the box) with regard to Drupal's performance.

Thanks,