[development] Drupal performance

George Kappel gkappel at herrspacific.com
Tue Aug 15 22:08:50 UTC 2006

I recently used http://www.xdebug.org/ xdebug 2.0 beta 6 along with
kcachegrind to debug a performance issue I was having with Drupal
And it helped make it clear where the problem was.  Possibly this profiling
tool would be useful while benchmarking.

1) pecl install xdebug-beta
2) edit php.ini
 extension=xdebug.so  (might need to be zend_extension but seemed to work as
is)
 xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger=1
3) add XDEBUG_PROFILE to URL e.g. .../node/add?XDEBUG_PROFILE
4) use kcachegrind to open trace file in /tmp

I will write up my discoveries as soon as I get a chance although most of
them are specific to sites with very large menus and the category module.

George Kappel