[development] db_rewrite_sql question

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Tue Aug 15 22:12:21 UTC 2006

While I personally think that hook_db_rewrite_sql is  The Devil's Work,
there are a couple of ways around this feature of the hook.

First,  if you can, make use of the "primary table" parameter.

The second is easier, or harder, depending upon how much code you have
in your module.  The best advice is to use a more descriptive variable
name than $cid, assuming it's your variable, and not out of one of the
taxonomy modules.

The best would be if in 4.8,  the d**n hook was redesigned to make it
easier to be clear when you want your hook implementation to get called,
and when you don't want to get called.  There is currently no easy way
to avoid this kind of problem.  With the increasing use of the Views
module, we're going to get more and more conflicts creeping in via
db_rewrite_sql problems like this.

Rob