[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Fri Aug 18 05:30:38 UTC 2006

At 5:29 PM -0700 17/8/06, Derek Wright wrote:

>also, given that CCK in core is basically crippled as it stands (no
>fields) and yet CCK in contrib doesn't work w/ CCK in core, and
>flexinode isn't going to be ported to either 4.7 or 4.8 (according to
>ber), i have serious concerns about freezing.

How about doing with CCK what was done with the Forms API...
commit CCK to core, freeze all the other features and then
make CCK work properly.

That way the feature set for 4.8 is known and people can
begin porting their contrib modules, none of which will
rely on CCK (although some may benefit from it in the
long term).

And since CCK will take a couple of extra months to fully
debug, there will be sufficient time to port modules.

CCK will get a lot more eyeballs and hands if it's in core.

And we'll have one more killer feature in the 4.8 release.

 ...R.