[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Aug 18 21:13:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Chris Johnson wrote:

> Now what do you do?  This is the road we are currently on, unless we come up
> with a good solution.  A golden repository is one such solution.

How would any golden repository fix human resources problems? If active
people are around a project they will eventually update it, regardless of
the maintainer being around or not. If a module is in active use, people
will find creative ways to utilize it, and wil delve into the code
anyaway. They will get to know the inner workings and if they depend on
the module, will do the update.

Gabor