[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Farsheed tfarsheed at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 01:11:34 UTC 2006

> I believe the supposition for the golden repository
> is that core developers
> would always make sure those modules got updated for
> a release, either by
> doing the work themselves or ensuring someone else
> did.

It will be difficult to get core maintainers to care
about contributed modules, I think.

To me it seems that if a module is *that* widely used,
it will (or should) eventually be committed to core in
some form anyway.  Then the core maintainers will have
motivation to help maintain it, assuming it remains
useful.

That is better than any golden star, imo.

Farsheed