[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sat Aug 19 16:15:34 UTC 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, [iso-8859-1] Bèr Kessels wrote:

> around a project. Someone who looks "For a CMS that allows blogging and an
> image gallery" does not sense that, and wll probably need to go trough the
> whole range of "shazamgallery (not-user-safe)", "gallery2 (glues gallery2 to
> Drupal)", "img assist (not for image galleries)", "acidfree (for a very
> specific task, not very flexible)" and the rest to find out what he /realy/
> needs, "image module".
> If we can show such a person that "image" is the one to go for right away,
> that would be great. But right now, getting that knowledge requires a lot of
> effort for people new to Drupal.

The broad range of "image gallery" type modules show that "image gallery"
means different things to different people. The fact that *you* have found
image.module to work for your need best does mean that it is the golden
one? What if you have slightly different needs?

Golden or not golden is a binary thing. If something is golden, it does
not mean it fulfills my needs. Quality is just one factor, and we should
certainly not treat it as binary.

Gabor