[development] CVS HEAD, code freeze, zeitgeist

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sun Aug 20 01:57:11 UTC 2006

On Aug 19, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Actually, I am angry about myself that I accepted some patches to
> event.module to keep it cvs compatible. This delays the back-
> merging of fixes into the stable branch since I need to remove
> these changes from the diff.

i agree.  i feel the same way about project.module. :(  devel.module
is one thing -- i think that's so helpful for folks working on HEAD
that it's a good idea to keep it updated with the latest.  otherwise,
i don't think any modules should start being ported until the code
freeze.  i've definitely learned this the hard way in this
development cycle, and i'll remember it for the future.  we should
probably document this on the "updating your modules" handbook pages
as a best practice, with a short explanation about why it's a bad
idea to start porting to HEAD while it's still a moving target.

-derek