[development] building distributions easily, through macros

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Aug 21 23:08:09 UTC 2006

http://drupal.org/node/79900

Now that we have pull-able forms, I was able to quickly whip up a simple
form_alter that listens to form submissions
and replays them.

The most obvious immediate use for this is to build install profiles, where
you start the system off in profile mode,
and it records all the changes you make, and then you just save this to a
profiles/$profile/macros.inc file, which
gets automatically played back upon submission.

This is still just a proof of concept, but apart from a few forms (which
should be fixed anyway), this works fantastically.

Considering the advancements that Eaton , Chx and everyone else involved in
FAPI have made recently, I think it
is very worthy of being called Fapi 2.0 for this release =)

Congratulations, and thank you guys. This is going to make all our lives so
much more interesting.

I guess I need someone to edit my DrupalCon speech to be about FAPI 3 =)