[development] cvs update -dPf -r DRUPAL-4-7

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Tue Aug 22 14:25:36 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 11:09, Dave Cohen wrote:
> A while ago there was a thread here about how to best update a site that
> was based on 4.7.x, yet used some modules that did not have the DRUPAL-4-7
> branch.  This was back when the tag was new and most modules had not used
> it yet.  I found this command and was happily using it:
>
> cvs update -dPf -r DRUPAL-4-7
>
> (the '-f' means get the files even if there is no DRUPAL-4-7 tag.)
>
> Well I'm not using it so happily anymore.  Recently all the
> modules/*.module files were moved.  So instead of modules/user.module you
> have
> modules/user/user.module.  This change was made to DRUPAL-HEAD.
>
> Now, a consequence of using the CVS command above is that you update
> modules/user.module, but you also get a copy of modules/user/user.module.
> Because to CVS, its a new file that you asked for when specifying -f and
> -d.

I'm not using the -f switch, but the same thing started happening to me. In
addition to the module weirdness you mentioned, my update would start
downloading /all/ contrib modules and themes. One moment it would be
operating as expected and only updating core and the few modules I had
specifically ased for, and the next, with no changes in subscriptions or tags
or anything else, it would not be.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/