[development] jquery 1.0 release imminent

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Aug 22 08:07:43 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Dave Cohen <drupal at dave-cohen.com> wrote:

> On Monday 21 August 2006 16:13, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> > if this gets in, i might never want to touch 4.7 ever again.
>
> I've been sensing the excitement about jQuery for some time now, and even
> started playing with it.  From a guy who swore off javascript many years
> ago,
> that's saying a lot.  But I'll say more: I love it!  I mean wow, at long
> last
> we can do some really amazing things in an elegant and reliable way!
>
> But as for the never touching 4.7 - is it some secret that you _can_ use
> jQuery with 4.7?
>
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/1008
>
> I mentioned that I started playing with jQuery, when I put the finishing
> touches on my hovertips module I planned to contribute it (for 4.7.x):
>
> http://dave-cohen.com/node/1186

And, contrary to Adrian's comment....we're  likely to maintain a backport
patch of jQuery in 4.7. You can, of course, use jQuery as-is in 4.7 (there
are a few scripts, like gmap, that seem to have some conflicts), but this
backport approach will likely be nice for those that want to develop on 4.8/5.0
and then also branch for 4.7.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747