[development] Wiki module

andrew morton graveltech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 05:45:21 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Sumit Datta <sumitdatta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
> Google SoC 2006 is over. Now i am thinking of what more i can do : my
> main intention is to do somthing that can be used widely by the
> general users. Wiki module stands out in this respect. Also there is
> need for token-based authentication and Flickr API, but it seems to me
> that wiki module has more general need.

I've been toying with working on some Flickr code but HEAD has kept me
pretty busy. Of the ~5 Flickr modules only one seems to do much of
use. I started doing some clean up and then decided that a rewrite
would be the way to go. I've already written one Flickr library (
http://phlickr.sf.net ) but it was PHP5 only so it could make use of
the SimpleXML extension. Drupal's built-in XML-RPC client would make
doing it PHP4 sane. If anyone else is interested in working on this
drop me an email. I'll probalby start some sandbox code and then see
if we can talk one of the existing Flickr project maintainers to let
us take over their project.

andrew