[development] Wiki module

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Aug 23 06:00:52 UTC 2006

Sumit Datta wrote:
> Hello folks,
> Google SoC 2006 is over. Now i am thinking of what more i can do : my
> main intention is to do somthing that can be used widely by the
> general users. Wiki module stands out in this respect. Also there is
> need for token-based authentication and Flickr API, but it seems to me
> that wiki module has more general need.
> Check out the links to the initial proposed projects for this SoC and
> also the ones that were chosen :
> http://drupal.org/node/59958 => Proposed projects
> http://drupal.org/node/65244 => 2006 Summer of Code Projects (14)
>
> For the wiki module: is anyone actively working on it? or are there
> any plans for it? chx told me that there could be some work on that
> module in the Brussels meet.

you are welcome and encouraged to look at existing wiki modules (especially
liquid wiki) and then build a great one using code and ideas from each. use
the wiki.module name. i own that project, and intend to commit somebody's
efforts there. wiki success requires great atenntion to user experience in
addition to sane code. if it sucks compared to dokuwiki and mediawiki, few
will use ours. it has to be at least decent.

in brussels we will talk about wiki but i doubt we have to build much.
better to start now.